Sunday 29 November 2009

welcoming winter


m.r. and i changed from using the 'thin' to the 'fat' duvet this week.

it is our annual acceptance that winter has arrived:
our way of saying 'welcome winter!'

welcome, woolly hats, scarves and gloves
welcome, choirs singing christmas carols
welcome, bare trees
welcome, red noses
welcome, counting down to midnight
welcome, my birthday
welcome, using the weather outside as an excuse to snuggle on the sofa and watch a movie
welcome, fresh starts and new resolutions
welcome, ugg boots (lack of ankle support will not convince me to abandon you)
welcome, finding pine needles all over the house
welcome, fat duvet



welcome winter - of all the four seasons, you are by far my favourite.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

holy crap, thats another north south divide for you, I changed to the fat duvet about a month ago, and now have a bedspread and quilted mattress protector on as well! flippin freezin' up here it is!

Fay said...

Excellent list of wintery things! I've still not changed my duvet over...I do live in a chilly house and do normally feel the cold from September onwards but being rather pregnant at this time of year has found me sleeping half-out of the covers as I get too hot!!

I love your mittens in the photo, they look lovely and chunky and warm.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

We've still got our fat duvet folded at the end of the bed. Darn Florida!

Honey Bee said...

Aah i LOVE changing to fat duvets! They're so much more comforting than thin ones.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love winter... loved reading this list of all the things I love about the season too!

the southern hostess said...

Love your blog! So cheery!