Monday 23 November 2009

joan rivers had a good point




today was the beginning of my 'i'm going to have a katy perry-esq body by the time i get married in may' plan.

so, at lunchtime, i hauled myself to the gym - a place whose absence in my life over the last few years, i confess, i have not missed.

45 minutes later, every single limb felt as though it was one moment away from falling off. to say i was in pain would be an understatement. blimey.

i am clearly unfit. scrap that, i think my body may have forgotten how to use it's muscles.

somebody please tell me that this gets easier.......?

5 comments:

Meg said...

it gets easier!!!!! don't worry... soon you'll start to get the "workout high" where you feel all-powerful and so amazing, like you can achieve anything. then you're hooked :) it's still a struggle to get to the gym or go out for a run every day, but at least then you can remind yourself how good it feels afterwards. i find when i'm on a workout bend & i do it regularly, there will be days that i crave going out for a run, and it's all i can think about until i do it. i love those days! unfortunately right now i'm in a workout rut... every week i try to get out of it! soon i hope :)

Spare Thoughts said...

I must confess I've never, ever had a gym high - and so I'm very jealous of those that do, maybe I should go more often and push myself a bit harder? Anyway it will get easier once you are in to a routine of going - balance it out with nicer exercise like swimming, yoga or pilates to give the muscles a bit of a stretch. And well done for starting that's the hardest bit I reckon.

Jessica said...

It will get easier! Although...I am not one to really talk .. I get into a gym routine only to break it! And I do so pretty often :o)

Good luck!!!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

30 Day Shred lady. It works wonders!

Honey Bee said...

haha i love the quote! I don't exercise either. I'm glad I found your blog-so interesting.